A Missing Piece of the Heart


2020. 

 

It is the beginning of the year. Three months have passed, and a lot is happening around the world. The earth is healing, and animals are breathing the air they once breathed. All mankind is seeking every courage within them to pray to Allah to heal a virus that not even the eye can see. Something to ponder about the greater power far beyond us. Humans have been living on earth with all its might and forgetting that there are powers far beyond what we can ever reach.
 
We've been in quarantine for nearly 3 weeks now, and everything is at a standstill. Things that were seemingly important and needed rapid movement are suddenly stuck. I have spent my time reading and acquiring knowledge I never thought of even searching for, but I picked up one book that changed the way I think of things. A book led to another, and now I'm on my third book as we speak. I read about the brave man who fought for Islam after Rasulullah SAW wafat. They are Imam Abu Hanifah, Imam Malik, Imam As-Syafie, and Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal. I have not yet reached the last chapter.
 
I have read it with full imagination of the world in which they live and the struggle they have gone through to carry out what our Prophet Muhammad SAW is fighting for. I cried over and over, and reading about their lives put me in a state of shame. I'm ashamed of all the years I've been living and wasting about the greatness of the world, where they do not seek the paradise on earth but rather what is in the hereafter. The fear those Muslims had back in the day of Allah SWT and their love towards Rasulullah SAW are far beyond anything I could ever imagine. No life is worth living without fighting for the justice of Islam.
 
I sit here today reinventing my life's passion, which has drastically changed. I used to want to create leaders in the nation in which I live, but now I want to seek the knowledge of Allah SWT and share it with others so they can know more. We are somewhat living in a world where this is not much highlighted. This is all my opinion and analysis of what I have read.
 
Imam Abu Hanifah is someone who fights for the justice of Islam. He went through pain and suffering to keep alive the truth about Islam. He is known as a great debater on Islam. He had no fear of the world but rather only the fear of Allah SWT. He died fighting the injustice of an evil government and its leaders. Stand by the words of Allah SWT and Rasulullah SAW until his last breath.
 
Imam Malik bin Annas is a man who has the highest love for Allah SWT and Rasulullah SAW. He loves the Prophet SAW so much that it is hard for him to leave Madinah. He spent over 40 years of his life writing the hadis, which we now use as hadis sohih. He respected the Prophet Muhammad SAW so much that whenever he spoke about the hadis, he would dress well and wear perfume. Mazhab Malik was mostly selected in Mekah and Madinah before Imam As-SSyafie. At a young age, Imam As-Syafie went out of his way to live in Mekah to learn from Imam Malik.
 
Imam As-Syafie is someone who loves the knowledge of Allah SWT. He learned from all the great ulama of the time to expand his knowledge. I haven't read much about Imam As-SSyafie but will share more once I learn more. As well as about Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal, of whom I know for now that he is a student of Imam As-SSyafie.
 
I could write the whole book here in English, but I write this solely for myself in remembrance of their love and sacrifices for the sake of Allah SWT and Rasulullah SAW. I feel like I want to do this now. I want to do everything for the sake of Allah SWT and Rasulullah SAW. I want to connect myself further with my religion, which I'm loving more and more.
 
I want to love knowledge like Imam Syafie loves knowledge. I want to love the Prophet Muhammad SAW, his family, and his Sahabat-Sahabat like Imam Malik. I want to spread my knowledge and fight for my religion by sharing it like Imam Abu Hanifah.
 
As I read, "ilmu agama Islam ni, kalau kita ambil setiap helaian daun yang ada dimuka bumi sebagai kertas dan mengambil semua titik air didalam dunia ini sebagai dakwat, masih tidak cukup untuk menulisnya."
 
I pray to Allah SWT that my heart is wide open to seek this knowledge and be able to adapt it to what is left of my life. I pray to Allah SWT that I will grow more and more loving towards Nabi Muhammad SAW, His family, and His Sahabat for all the sacrifices they have made for Islam. I pray to Allah SWT that I can at least follow the behaviour, attitude, and values of all four Imams who fought dearly for Islam. Aaminn.
 
Allah SWT knows the best of all the sins I've committed in my young life, and may the rest of my life be filled with His guidance. I open my heart to doing everything for the sake of Allah SWT. Aku serahkan segalaNya dalam hidup aku yang kerdil ini kepada Allah SWT.

Here I am picking up my pens and notepads in a different light to share more about all these great scholars and imams who I dearly love. Someday I will pick up these pens and notepads again and write more about each one of them.
 
May Allah SWT ease my journey. Aaminn...

Comments

Popular Posts