La ikro ha fiddin



There is no compulsion in religion.
 
The first time I saw those words was on a movie poster. I ended up watching the movie (not sure whether it is a telemovie or not) and fell deeply in love with the moral of the story. I understood the idea that we should spread the goodness of our religion but somewhat felt that I lived in a life where I was taught (read: forced) to learn and do what I was being told. Not understand them.
 
I did not understand Islam, the religion. I know what the word represents. I knew it as a religion that I follow, and there are things that I have to do daily and annually. It didn’t occur to me why. I was a child back then. This telemovie simply made Islam seem beautiful to those who don’t understand it and can change people’s perceptions of Islam.

I wouldn’t say the telemovie is a pure masterpiece, but the message and value it carries help me understand my religion better.

Comments

  1. xpernah dgr pun movie ni..movie baru ke???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent movie! Dispell the perception of Muslim & Islam. Convincing roles from the actors & actresses. Story line with underline meanings....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts